- Do you think bilingual, multilingual, and/or bi-scriptive writers can be “good” translators of their own texts? Also, what circumstances in the past have prompted you to write in both or either English or Spanish?
- So, you feel more comfortable translating your own work, obviously, instead of working with someone else’s?
- Here’s a related question, considering your own “translations,” or the Spanish and English versions of your texts, e.g. Estampas del valle and The Valley, do you hold to the notion of an “original” text and a “translation” when speaking of your literature? How do you view your Spanish and English texts or versions of your texts in relation to each other?
- Would you advocate that the reader encounter both of the texts or one before the other?
- Do you feel that in rewriting or self-translating you make “concessions” for the monolingual reader?
To find out Hinojosas answers, please click here