Volume 16 of the Brazilian on-line and Open Access journal Tradução em Revista (jan-jun 2014) will be dedicated to self-translation in the Americas. The volume is edited by Maria Alice Gonçalves Antunes and Rainier Grutman.
Here is the call for papers in English:
Issue No. 16 of Tradução em Revista will include previously unpublished articles on topics related to “Self-translation in the Americas”. The guest editors, Maria Alice Gonçalves Antunes (Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil) and Rainier Grutman (University of Ottawa, Canada), welcome any contribution dealing with interlingual text-to-text transfers in which author and translator coincide, without geographical (from Nunavut to Patagonia) or historical (from colonial encounters and even pre-Colombian times up to today's migration and minority writing) restrictions. Articles in Portuguese, English, Spanish and French are accepted.
EDITORS: Maria Alice Gonçalves Antunes (UERJ) and Rainier Grutman (Universidade de Ottawa, Canadá)
Deadline for reception of articles (minimum 3,000 – maximum: 4,000 words): March 31, 2014.
Send the articles in .doc, .docx or .rtf format to Maria Alice Gonçalves Antunes (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rainier Grutman (email@example.com).
Please include an introductory page with the following information:
- the title in Portuguese and English, Spanish or French, if the article is written in Portuguese;
- the title in the language of the article and in Portuguese, if the article is not writtenin Portuguese;
- the name(s) of the author(s);
- information on the author’s/authors’ academic affiliation and whether the paper (or part of it) has been previously presented at any academic event;
- a 90-word abstract in Portuguese plus an English translation if the article is in Portuguese;
- a 90-word abstract in the language of the article plus a Portuguese translation, if the article is not written in Portuguese;
- biodata of the author(s) and his/her/their email address(es).